Mark is a fantastic Hair Stylist ... his calling after cycling ?
- Fueled intervals yesterday with spinach / Turkey / Cantaloupe / flax seed / orange Salad ... 3hrs digestion and then give'r
- After the ride I enjoyed a fine Ginger cookie & coffee drink at the Santa Barbara Roasting Company with Warren and Kari, our two latest house guests ... quite a nice establishment. I am sure we will be returning as M&M missed out so that they could find snow and a dead end at the top of the Mountains.
- Keeping up the Band-Aid Tearing Practice ... it is coming along well.
- Yesterday The whole house got in the car and drove to Santa Barbara to take in Gibralter ... which is supposed to be 'America's Alpe D'huez' ... also one of Mike Barry's Favorites (LINK)
- cross-sectional analysis showed a significant association between soda (or pop in Canadian) intake and hyperuricemia/chronic kidney disease == This is fueled by the dangers of Fructose and High Fructose ... Uric Acid accumulation is also a big part of GOUT
- I also just learned that Cherries are key in treating GOUT ... If you have Gout take note :)
Int J Obesity. Published online December 22, 2009.
- Cyclones vs. Tornados ?
Both tropical cyclones and tornadoes are atmospheric vortices but otherwise aren't related.
= Tornadoes have diameters on the scale of 100s of meters and are produced from a single convective storm (i.e. a thunderstorm). They require substantial vertical sheer (changing winds and tempos). Tornadoes occur over land (usually) and are usually present for minutes.
= A tropical cyclone is about 1000x bigger and has multiple storms in it and doesn't require much vertical sheer at all. They only happen over water and die when off of moisture source and last several days.